Detachable Goose Neck Trailer
Go Heavy Trailer provides a wide series of conventional trailer (detachable goose neck trailer) to clients. Which is for road transportation.
WHAT IS DETACHABLE GOOSE NECK TRAILER:
Detachable Goose Neck Trailer is an abbreviation of removable gooseneck-trailers. It is a type of lowboy trailer which has hydraulic gooseneck. And it can remove from trailer body, and the front deck (with slope) of the trailer will touch the ground. So you can have a shallow slope makes the load easier for machines to climb on. It is a type of front-loading trailer, another type is folding gooseneck trailer. Which also can be loaded from the front side of lowbed trailers.
Removable gooseneck trailers are an advanced type of lowbed trailer. The vital improvement is gooseneck is detachable, then the trailer involved from lowbed trailer to front loading trailer. Conventional lowbed trailer is gooseneck at the front of the trailer, the middle part is a drop-deck for cargos, the end of the trailer is wheel-set.
APPLICATIONS FOR DETACHABLE GOOSE NECK TRAILER:
Widely used for transportation of prime mover, tractor, bus, specialized vehicles, as well as construction machine. Any equipment with wheels can be driven or towed on top of the trailer directly. So no need the help of a crane to lift them up. In a work it’s the most economical way to load and unload the equipment.
COMPONENTS OF A TYPICAL DETACHABLE GOOSE NECK TRAILER:
- Traction system
- Power system
- Alignment system
- Horizontal alignment:
- Bolt alignment
- Guide slot alignment
- Vertical alignment:
- Mechanical adjustment
- Winch adjustment
- Pneumatic and hydraulic adjustment
- Horizontal alignment:
- Locking system(between removable gooseneck and trailer body):
- Manual control locking:
- Traction seat lock
- Latch lock
- Cam lock
- Pneumatic control locking
- Consists of power-pack
- Diesel or petrol engine
- Engine starter
- Hydraulic pump
- Hydraulic cylinder
FEATURES OF RGN TRAILER:
- Low loading platform, when the gooseneck removed from the trailer body, the trailer bed can touch the ground, makes loading and unloading more safe and efficient.
- With gooseneck hooked up, the trailer bed is still low, it could be considered as a low loader, which enables the trailer suitable for oversized goods.
- Low height makes the lowbed RGN lowboy trailer has higher trafficability.
- If the cargo is too long, we may adopt the removable gooseneck trailer with an extendable cargo platform, when the platform(beam) fully extended the trailer is suitable for the long cargo, when the transport job finished, the platform beam could be retracted so as to reduce the total length and turning radius accordingly.
- The RGN trailer bed has lashing eyes, once the cargos loaded on the bed, we can use steel rope or cord strap to fix the cargos with those lashing points.
- Arc-up design of the cargo platform, to increase payload capacity and trafficability, lower the dead weight.
REGULAR TYPES OF DETACHABLE GOOSE NECK TRAILER:
- Mechanical type:
- Low cost for manufacturing and operation
- Convenient for maintenance
- Relatively simple steel structure and lightweight
- Operations for detaching gooseneck is kinda cumbersome, but it is reliable in applications, widely used in long-distance transportations.
- Pneumatic type:
- Height is adjustable
- Easy and efficient to mount and dismount the gooseneck from the trailer body
- Pneumatic RGN can cushion the impact during transportations, the function is just like airbag suspension, suitable for fragile cargos.
- Able to monitor the weight of the goods by reads of the air-pressure meter on the pneumatic circuit.
- Hydraulic type:
- Similar to the pneumatic type, which has a simple design and easy control process, with no need for dismantling the neck from the tractor to detach the neck from the trailer chassis.
- The front part of the hydraulic RGN trailer is a tilting plane design, on both sides of the tilting plane are two folding slopes, when you open the folding slopes, the cargo machines can be driven on the trailer platform easily. Between the two slopes is enough space for connecting the gooseneck, make sure there is no interference if they are attaching together.
- When the slopes folded up, the total length of the trailer will be shortened, then the prime mover can reach the trailer without collision between the trailer body and the tractor.
- Guiding pins next to the slopes will accelerate the matching process between the RGN and the trailer
- Degree of automation is high, the control procedures and alignment in connecting the removable gooseneck are the best in all kinds of detachable gooseneck trailers.
- Particularly can be operated by the driver himself, no other operators needed.
HOW TO REMOVE THE GOOSENECK FROM THE RGN TRAILER:
The gooseneck is implanted with hydraulic cylinders, which can hold the gooseneck by lowbed trailer end or prime mover end. It means when the gooseneck remove from the trailer body, it is still on the tractor. After loading or unloading of goods, the tractor can push back the gooseneck to the trailer body for reconnecting efficiently. If the gooseneck removed from the prime mover, the trailer body is also able to hold the neck, prevent the neck falling off on the ground. What’s more, during the process of reconnecting, the height of traction pin is adjustable. It will make the connecting rapidly.